One of the most important objectives of the Foundation is to help students make their natural sciences education more effective and successful.
„Kis Kavics” Cup
Our Foundation supports students from rural areas to get to the “Kis Kavics” Cup, and gives out a special prize at the Cup. This is a complex natural sciences and mathematics competition for teams comprising students of 7th and 8th grade (13-14 years), organized every March by the Budapest Fazekas Mihály Elementary and High School. Károly Kőváry (“Kavics”) was a definitive teacher of mathematics of Fazekas for decades, and his name is remembered through the “Kavics” Cup for older students and the “Kis (Small) Kavics” Cup for those in elementary school.
Our Foundation strives to help raise attention of teams of talented students from outside Budapest and to support their access to the competition. Therefore, we pay travel expenses to teams from the rural areas so that this should not create an obstacle for them.
The Foundation gives out a special prize (study trip) at the Cup. We take the students of the age of 13-14 years to such places in the country dealing with chemistry, physics, biology and geography, which may give them further motivation to study. Chemical plants, observatories, laboratories, research institutes and similar organizations may be visited. The Foundation arranges the trip and covers travel and other expenses.
To the Development of Educational Methods
- 2019 – Beszámoló a 2019. évi, XXXIV. OTDK Tanulás- és Tanításmódszertani – Tudástechnológiai Szekciójáról
- 2019 – Special Prize at the Nationwide Conference of Scientific Student Associations
- October 2018 – Conference Report
- May 2018 – Decision about the tender applications to support participation at international conference
- March 2018 – Tender publication to support participation at international conference